DPR Goes Net Zero at San Francisco Office
DPR Construction’s 42 San Francisco employees have moved to a new location at 945 Front St., and the lease allows them to redesign parts of the building so that it can achieve net-zero energy certification, according to the San Francisco Business Times. DPR is also installing solar panels on the building.
The 24,000-sq-foot office space will be the fourth DPR location to aim for net-zero energy. DPR retrofitted its Phoenix Regional Office to achieve net-zero energy and the company is working on its San Diego and Newport Beach offices as well.
DPR’s Phoenix office has been certified by the International Living Future Institute’s Living Building Challenge, and the firm plans to seek certification for its other net-zero energy offices as well. The San Francisco Times reports there are only 12 buildings in the US that have been certified as net-zero energy by the International Living Future Institute’s Living Building Challenge.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection