DPR Goes Net Zero at San Francisco Office
DPR Construction’s 42 San Francisco employees have moved to a new location at 945 Front St., and the lease allows them to redesign parts of the building so that it can achieve net-zero energy certification, according to the San Francisco Business Times. DPR is also installing solar panels on the building.
The 24,000-sq-foot office space will be the fourth DPR location to aim for net-zero energy. DPR retrofitted its Phoenix Regional Office to achieve net-zero energy and the company is working on its San Diego and Newport Beach offices as well.
DPR’s Phoenix office has been certified by the International Living Future Institute’s Living Building Challenge, and the firm plans to seek certification for its other net-zero energy offices as well. The San Francisco Times reports there are only 12 buildings in the US that have been certified as net-zero energy by the International Living Future Institute’s Living Building Challenge.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement