Drifting Toward the Cloud: JouleX, Powerit
Version 4.0 of the JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) platform provides an opportunity for JouleX customers to scale their energy management capabilities across their global enterprises and for JouleX partners to deliver new managed energy services from the cloud to their customers.
JEM software is a network-based energy management system that dynamically measures the energy consumption and utilization of all network-connected devices and systems to provide visibility into power usage across the enterprise to help organizations identify and automatically reduce energy waste.
JouleX says JEM advances its vision for “energy exchanges” that manage capacity and loads across the energy supply chain to a collection of exchanges managing the Internet of things.
For data centers, JEM now offers multi-dimensional views with floor and rack graphics that model data center dependency topologies for the physical, network and energy layers of their facilities. Other new data center features include expanded support for more virtualization, including Hyper-V, servers, power distribution units, uninterruptible power supplies, EMC and NetApp storage devices, as well as support for fan speed and temperature sensors.
In other news, Powerit Solutions launched its new Spara cloud product at the Distributech show in San Diego this week. Spara Hub takes Powerit’s energy management system into the cloud, giving Spara DM (Demand Manager) users and Powerit partners a new demand management tool.
Spara Hub connects to multiple data streams and gives users a comprehensive view of their energy usage and costs. With Spara Hub, users can fine-tune demand control and leverage dynamic pricing and demand response programs, as well as run alternative scenarios. Available in February, Spara Hub connects changing utility data with changing customer load information in real time, enabling energy use decisions based on the price of electricity. This access to real-time utility pricing, plus integration with the latest ISO, utility, and aggregator programs, allows Spara DM users and Powerit partners to take full advantage of smart grid capabilities.
Spara Hub lets users remotely access their data on any device without maintaining on-site databases, log in to view multiple sites with one password, compare energy data across sites to get an enterprise-level view of their energy use and demand control savings, and manage demand settings and utility program participation.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement