Drifting Toward the Cloud: JouleX, Powerit
Version 4.0 of the JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) platform provides an opportunity for JouleX customers to scale their energy management capabilities across their global enterprises and for JouleX partners to deliver new managed energy services from the cloud to their customers.
JEM software is a network-based energy management system that dynamically measures the energy consumption and utilization of all network-connected devices and systems to provide visibility into power usage across the enterprise to help organizations identify and automatically reduce energy waste.
JouleX says JEM advances its vision for “energy exchanges” that manage capacity and loads across the energy supply chain to a collection of exchanges managing the Internet of things.
For data centers, JEM now offers multi-dimensional views with floor and rack graphics that model data center dependency topologies for the physical, network and energy layers of their facilities. Other new data center features include expanded support for more virtualization, including Hyper-V, servers, power distribution units, uninterruptible power supplies, EMC and NetApp storage devices, as well as support for fan speed and temperature sensors.
In other news, Powerit Solutions launched its new Spara cloud product at the Distributech show in San Diego this week. Spara Hub takes Powerit’s energy management system into the cloud, giving Spara DM (Demand Manager) users and Powerit partners a new demand management tool.
Spara Hub connects to multiple data streams and gives users a comprehensive view of their energy usage and costs. With Spara Hub, users can fine-tune demand control and leverage dynamic pricing and demand response programs, as well as run alternative scenarios. Available in February, Spara Hub connects changing utility data with changing customer load information in real time, enabling energy use decisions based on the price of electricity. This access to real-time utility pricing, plus integration with the latest ISO, utility, and aggregator programs, allows Spara DM users and Powerit partners to take full advantage of smart grid capabilities.
Spara Hub lets users remotely access their data on any device without maintaining on-site databases, log in to view multiple sites with one password, compare energy data across sites to get an enterprise-level view of their energy use and demand control savings, and manage demand settings and utility program participation.
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- How to Reduce Cost by Increasing Accountability for Energy Efficiency
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems