DrivePak HVAC Upgrade Achieves Energy Efficiency Milestone
NexRev says the installed base of its HVAC retrofit product, DrivePak, passed the $1-saved-per-second mark, and at its current pace DrivePak will save NexRev customers over $30 million in 2015. Dollar value calculations are based the US national average electricity price of $0.10 per kWh.
DrivePak’s variable frequency drive (VFD) retrofit technology is targeted to retailers and theatre chains. DrivePak VFD retrofit technology upgrades rooftop HVAC unit fans from constant full-speed operation to load-matching multiple speed operation. The upgrade provides a consistent reduction in total energy savings while improving, not decreasing, occupant comfort, says the company, which adds that HVAC energy cost reductions are showing up as overall facility energy savings of 13-22 percent for many customers.
NexRev previously announced the milestone of installing its 25,000th DrivePak unit in Woodbridge, New Jersey.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers