Drycleaners Reduces Lighting Costs 70% at Processing Plant
Zoots dry cleaning and laundry’s 42,000-sq-foot processing facility in Brockton, Mass., retrofitted its lighting to energy efficient LEDs. The project was completed by Energy Source of Providence, RI, and consisted of replacing just over 500 outdated high-bay fluorescent lighting fixtures inside the plant with LEDs. Energy Source also installed an Internet-based system to monitor and control lighting remotely through any connected device.
The changes will net close to a 70 percent reduction in energy consumption (approximately 250,000 Kwh annually). Zoots’ lighting costs will drop by over $30,000 annually as a result of the retrofit.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- There’s Money in the Trash