Dunkin’ Donuts Distributor Updates with LEDs
National DCP, the purchasing cooperative that serves more than 7,000 Dunkin’ Donuts Franchise owners, tapped Energy Source of Providence, Rhode Island, for a facility lighting redesign to save energy.
The project at National DCP, which took about 5 weeks to complete, consisted of the removal of inefficient high intensity fluorescents and a schematic re-design and installation of efficient LED lighting. The lighting re-design resulted in a reduction in energy consumption amounting to $50,000 per year in cost savings.
Energy Source worked in conjunction with Digital Lumens on the LED retrofit project where intelligent controls technology was also implemented. Occupancy sensors turn off lights in unused areas, which is particularly effective at this facility because it operates on a 24-hour production schedule. Smart controls also enable daylight harvesting wherein light output is automatically regulated based on the availability of ambient light. The LED fixtures are programmed to gain in brightness when natural light is low and throttle back during brighter times of day.
Energy Source is a NationalGrid Project Expeditor, which means it can access all available incentives on behalf of its clients in order to make the financing of the project appealing. In the case of National DCP, Energy Source secured incentives of nearly $100,000 for its client, giving this project a payback of 1.8 years.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection