DuPont Installs Solar on Former Landfill
DuPont activated a 548 kW solar installation on five acres of its land in Newport, Del. – a former Superfund landfill site. The solar installation will generate about 729,000 kWh per year.
After successfully completing remediation at the Newport site, and with the support of the Environmental Protection Agency and the Delaware Division of Natural Resources & Environmental Control (DNREC), DuPont collaborated with Tangent Energy Solutions to construct the solar plant.
The solar panels were supplied by DuPont Apollo, a wholly-owned subsidiary of DuPont.
The celebration event included a program that was conducted at the nearby DuPont Photovoltaics Applications Lab in Wilmington, Del.
This represents the eleventh solar installation on DuPont land to date, and the fourth in Delaware. Two additional installations are expected to be completed by year-end, bringing the total energy output to 4,800,000 kWh per year.
As the requests for sustainability data increase, the sustainability reporting chain becomes more complex. Understanding how to streamline your reporting chain is essential for keeping pace with these demands. The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain White Paper explores how to help simplify this increasingly complex process and optimize your reporting. Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management