DuPont Installs Solar on Former Landfill
DuPont activated a 548 kW solar installation on five acres of its land in Newport, Del. – a former Superfund landfill site. The solar installation will generate about 729,000 kWh per year.
After successfully completing remediation at the Newport site, and with the support of the Environmental Protection Agency and the Delaware Division of Natural Resources & Environmental Control (DNREC), DuPont collaborated with Tangent Energy Solutions to construct the solar plant.
The solar panels were supplied by DuPont Apollo, a wholly-owned subsidiary of DuPont.
The celebration event included a program that was conducted at the nearby DuPont Photovoltaics Applications Lab in Wilmington, Del.
This represents the eleventh solar installation on DuPont land to date, and the fourth in Delaware. Two additional installations are expected to be completed by year-end, bringing the total energy output to 4,800,000 kWh per year.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management