DuPont Saves Energy in Manufacturing Process
DuPont received The American Chemistry Council Responsible Care Energy Efficiency Award and the Industrial Energy Technology Conference Energy Award for improving energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the manufacture of DuPont Nomex at its Spruance plant in Richmond, Va.
Nomex is a flame resistant fiber produced by DuPont for use in a wide variety of industries from firefighter turnout gear to transformer insulation.
The company designed and installed equipment at the plant to economically recover energy that was previously unused and ultimately wasted. This new equipment reduced energy use by 54 percent in a particular portion of the process.
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Combined Heat and Power
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools