DuPont Saves Energy in Manufacturing Process
DuPont received The American Chemistry Council Responsible Care Energy Efficiency Award and the Industrial Energy Technology Conference Energy Award for improving energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the manufacture of DuPont Nomex at its Spruance plant in Richmond, Va.
Nomex is a flame resistant fiber produced by DuPont for use in a wide variety of industries from firefighter turnout gear to transformer insulation.
The company designed and installed equipment at the plant to economically recover energy that was previously unused and ultimately wasted. This new equipment reduced energy use by 54 percent in a particular portion of the process.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Under the Lens: Claiming Green