DuPont Saves Energy in Manufacturing Process
DuPont received The American Chemistry Council Responsible Care Energy Efficiency Award and the Industrial Energy Technology Conference Energy Award for improving energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the manufacture of DuPont Nomex at its Spruance plant in Richmond, Va.
Nomex is a flame resistant fiber produced by DuPont for use in a wide variety of industries from firefighter turnout gear to transformer insulation.
The company designed and installed equipment at the plant to economically recover energy that was previously unused and ultimately wasted. This new equipment reduced energy use by 54 percent in a particular portion of the process.
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools