DuPont Saves Energy in Manufacturing Process
DuPont received The American Chemistry Council Responsible Care Energy Efficiency Award and the Industrial Energy Technology Conference Energy Award for improving energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the manufacture of DuPont Nomex at its Spruance plant in Richmond, Va.
Nomex is a flame resistant fiber produced by DuPont for use in a wide variety of industries from firefighter turnout gear to transformer insulation.
The company designed and installed equipment at the plant to economically recover energy that was previously unused and ultimately wasted. This new equipment reduced energy use by 54 percent in a particular portion of the process.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex