DuPont Saves Energy in Manufacturing Process
DuPont received The American Chemistry Council Responsible Care Energy Efficiency Award and the Industrial Energy Technology Conference Energy Award for improving energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the manufacture of DuPont Nomex at its Spruance plant in Richmond, Va.
Nomex is a flame resistant fiber produced by DuPont for use in a wide variety of industries from firefighter turnout gear to transformer insulation.
The company designed and installed equipment at the plant to economically recover energy that was previously unused and ultimately wasted. This new equipment reduced energy use by 54 percent in a particular portion of the process.
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?