Dynamic Glass Brightens Convention Center
Dynamic Sage Glass used in the Saint Paul RiverCentre in Minnesota saves energy, reduces glare and preserves views of historic downtown landscapes.
Saint Paul RiverCentre is the city’s premier convention center and part of a complex that includes Xcel Energy Center arena and The Legendary Roy Wilkins Auditorium. The organization installed SageGlass® electronically tintable glass on the east side of its boardroom to solve solar glare and heat gain problems without compromising the view that attracts customers.
The SageGlass installation is part of Saint Paul RiverCentre’s sustainability initiative called “80-20 in 3.” The initiative, which began in April 2010, aimed to reduce the facility’s carbon footprint by 80 percent and improve energy efficiency by 20 percent in three years.
SageGlass contributes to the sustainability goal by modulating light, heat gain and glare while maximizing daylight. Using light sensors, the dynamic glazing automatically tints or clears within minutes, significantly reducing energy consumed for air conditioning, heating and lighting.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management