Dynamic Glass Brightens Convention Center
Dynamic Sage Glass used in the Saint Paul RiverCentre in Minnesota saves energy, reduces glare and preserves views of historic downtown landscapes.
Saint Paul RiverCentre is the city’s premier convention center and part of a complex that includes Xcel Energy Center arena and The Legendary Roy Wilkins Auditorium. The organization installed SageGlass® electronically tintable glass on the east side of its boardroom to solve solar glare and heat gain problems without compromising the view that attracts customers.
The SageGlass installation is part of Saint Paul RiverCentre’s sustainability initiative called “80-20 in 3.” The initiative, which began in April 2010, aimed to reduce the facility’s carbon footprint by 80 percent and improve energy efficiency by 20 percent in three years.
SageGlass contributes to the sustainability goal by modulating light, heat gain and glare while maximizing daylight. Using light sensors, the dynamic glazing automatically tints or clears within minutes, significantly reducing energy consumed for air conditioning, heating and lighting.
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement