Dynamic Glass Brightens Convention Center
Dynamic Sage Glass used in the Saint Paul RiverCentre in Minnesota saves energy, reduces glare and preserves views of historic downtown landscapes.
Saint Paul RiverCentre is the city’s premier convention center and part of a complex that includes Xcel Energy Center arena and The Legendary Roy Wilkins Auditorium. The organization installed SageGlass® electronically tintable glass on the east side of its boardroom to solve solar glare and heat gain problems without compromising the view that attracts customers.
The SageGlass installation is part of Saint Paul RiverCentre’s sustainability initiative called “80-20 in 3.” The initiative, which began in April 2010, aimed to reduce the facility’s carbon footprint by 80 percent and improve energy efficiency by 20 percent in three years.
SageGlass contributes to the sustainability goal by modulating light, heat gain and glare while maximizing daylight. Using light sensors, the dynamic glazing automatically tints or clears within minutes, significantly reducing energy consumed for air conditioning, heating and lighting.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room