E-Commerce Energy Offered in New York
Simple Energy, a company that uses behavioral science, big data and digital marketing to educate consumers on energy consumption, and Iberdrola USA, an energy service and delivery company, have proposed a partnership as part of New York State’s Reforming the Energy Vision (REV). Iberdrola USA’s New York utility, RG&E, will incorporate Simple Energy’s Marketplace platform for customers to purchase distributed energy resource (DER) products with instant incentives.
Marketplace is a utility branded e-commerce platform that connects utilities and consumers by offering energy-saving products and services with instant rebates. The product will allow Iberdrola to deliver a utility-driven customer engagement platform that will help consumers save energy and provide a new revenue stream forRG&E.
REV aims to reform the state’s energy industry and regulatory practices, leading changes that promote distributed energy management through efficiency, demand response, and increased renewable resource use and greater use of energy management products. In turn, these will empower customers with a choice in how they manage and consume energy.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash