E.ON Hires FirstFuel to Help Small Businesses
British utility E.ON is working with Boston-based FirstFuel Software to help British small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) use energy-saving tools usually only available to larger industrial and commercial enterprises.
E.ON’s SME customers can now access FirstFuel’s Energy Toolkit free of charge whether or not they own their properties.
The tool allows customers to monitor their buildings and audit their activities before implementing changes. It is being trialed by around 20,000 E.ON customers before being offered to hundreds of thousands more from early 2015.
The Energy Toolkit gives customers their own analysis conducted for each building, along with an online web portal showing energy consumption and costs as well as a series of energy saving actions.
Using simple pieces of customer information, like electricity consumption data and addresses, the tool also considers local weather patterns, building data and other information to identify energy use patterns and calculate where and how the business can cut its energy use.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles