E.ON Launches Storage and Solar Project Near Tucson
E.ON has begun construction of the Iron Horse battery energy storage facility, according to the company.
Iron Horse, the first project of E.ON North America, will be built at the University of Arizona Science and Technology Park near Tucson. It will be a customized 10 MW lithium-ion battery storage facility coupled with a 2 MW solar array. The project will be completed during the first half of next year, the release says.
Iron House is the first of several storage projects on which E.ON is working, the press release says. In July, the company signed a ten-year agreement will Tucson Electric Power to provide frequency response and voltage control through Iron Horse.
Last month, Lockheed Martin said it had installed the GridStar Lithium energy storage system at its Syracuse, NY, facility. The company said that the 1 MW system also will provide services to New York Independent System Operator, which is the state’s competitive wholesale electricity operator. The system will be operated by ENGIE.
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings