Earthquake Proof Facility Installs Solar
SolarCraft completed a 518.5 kW solar power system at Marin County’s new Emergency Operations Facility in San Rafael, Calif.
The building is a seismic-certified public safety building, which had its public debut on May 10.
Designed and built by SolarCraft, the photovoltaic system is roof-mounted, spanning nearly 36,000 square feet. The system is built with 1,700 ReneSola 305-watt solar panels. The system’s panels are expected to generate about 764,400 kWh annually.
The 518.5 kW array fulfills Marin County’s General Plan goal of 1 MW of PV panels on county facilities ahead of its 2015 self-imposed deadline.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management