Earthquake Proof Facility Installs Solar
SolarCraft completed a 518.5 kW solar power system at Marin County’s new Emergency Operations Facility in San Rafael, Calif.
The building is a seismic-certified public safety building, which had its public debut on May 10.
Designed and built by SolarCraft, the photovoltaic system is roof-mounted, spanning nearly 36,000 square feet. The system is built with 1,700 ReneSola 305-watt solar panels. The system’s panels are expected to generate about 764,400 kWh annually.
The 518.5 kW array fulfills Marin County’s General Plan goal of 1 MW of PV panels on county facilities ahead of its 2015 self-imposed deadline.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement