East Hartford Signs ESPC for LED Street Lights
Ameresco is working with the Town of East Hartford, Conn., to develop and implement an LED street light and exterior lighting upgrade project at select locations. Under a $2 million Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC), including more than $480,000 in incentives, new street lights are being installed throughout town. In addition, the Public Safety Complex, Community Cultural Center, Town Hall Offices, Terry Pool Park, Town Green Alumni Park and Firehouse #5 will benefit from exterior lighting upgrades resulting in more than 1.6 million kWh in annual electric savings.
East Hartford has also engaged Ameresco for the duration of the contract to provide on-going maintenance of the new LED fixtures in the case of outages, repairs or damage.
Under the ESPC, Ameresco is installing nearly 5,000 street lights, replacing old lamps with the latest solid state LED technology. In addition, a variety of 174 Shoebox, Wall-pack and Flood-style LED exterior fixtures are being installed. The project is underway and will be completed in the spring of 2015.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year