Energy Executive Moves: Eaton, Ameresco, Duke Energy, Vestas, Silver Spring Networks
Duke Energy named Brian Savoy (pictured) vice president, controller and chief accounting officer, replacing Steve Young, who became executive vice president and chief financial officer. Savoy has served as director of financial forecasting since 2012. He has led a number of key functions, including vice president and controller of the company’s Commercial Power segment, since joining Duke Energy in 2001. The company also named Bill Currens vice president for its investor relations team.
Eaton appointed Ken Semelsberger as senior vice president and controller effective November 1. Semelsberger succeeds Billie Rawot who will retire October 31. Semelsberger will report to Richard Fearon, vice chairman and chief financial and planning officer. Semelsberger joined Eaton in 1988 and most recently served as senior vice president of finance and planning for the Industrial Sector.
Ameresco appointed John Granara as vice president, corporate controller and chief accounting officer. Granara joins Ameresco with more than 20 years of international finance experience in leadership positions within publicly-traded companies. Prior to joining Ameresco, he served as vice president finance, chief accounting officer and corporate controller for GT Advanced Technologies.
Anders Runevad became chief executive officer of Vestas, replacing Ditlev Engel, who had been CEO since 2005. Runevad comes from Swedish Ericsson, where he was president of Region West & Central Europe. He joined Ericsson in 1985, and his positions included president, Ericsson Singapore (1996-2000), vice president sales and marketing, Ericsson Business Unit Networks (2000-2004), president, Ericsson Brazil (2004-2006) and director of the board and executive vice president, Sony Ericsson (2006-2010).
Silver Spring Networks announced that Jim Burns is joining the company as executive vice president and chief financial officer. John Joyce, the company’s current vice chairman and CFO, will continue as Silver Spring’s vice chairman and will focus on strategic initiatives and corporate development. Burns spent 24 years with Hewlett-Packard where he held numerous leadership positions including CFO of Enterprise Business, COO and SVP of Enterprise Services, general manager of PC Services and Accessories, and VP of Investor Relations.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies