Eaton Builds Innovation Center in Czech Republic
Eaton broke ground on its new Innovation Center in Roztoky, Czech Republic. Eaton is investing in the new facility to accommodate the expansion of its European Innovation Center in Prague, which was opened in 2012. Eaton’s Innovation Center is currently located directly opposite the new building site. The new building will be completed around the end of 2014 with employees moving in from the beginning of 2015.
Eaton’s European Innovation Center develops power management solutions for the European market that help its customers in the electrical, hydraulic, aerospace and vehicle industries to manufacture more efficient and sustainable technologies.
Eaton is also recruiting and adding engineers from across the Czech Republic and beyond. Under current plans, Eaton aims to expand its workforce at the Innovation Center from 25 employees today to more than 140 by the end of 2016.
Eaton chose to locate its Innovation Center in Roztoky due to its close proximity to the Czech Technical University campus, city center and airport.
The building will be highly energy efficient and sustainable due to the incorporation of technologies such as geothermal heating and cooling as well as water recycling systems.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing