Eaton Builds Innovation Center in Czech Republic
Eaton broke ground on its new Innovation Center in Roztoky, Czech Republic. Eaton is investing in the new facility to accommodate the expansion of its European Innovation Center in Prague, which was opened in 2012. Eaton’s Innovation Center is currently located directly opposite the new building site. The new building will be completed around the end of 2014 with employees moving in from the beginning of 2015.
Eaton’s European Innovation Center develops power management solutions for the European market that help its customers in the electrical, hydraulic, aerospace and vehicle industries to manufacture more efficient and sustainable technologies.
Eaton is also recruiting and adding engineers from across the Czech Republic and beyond. Under current plans, Eaton aims to expand its workforce at the Innovation Center from 25 employees today to more than 140 by the end of 2016.
Eaton chose to locate its Innovation Center in Roztoky due to its close proximity to the Czech Technical University campus, city center and airport.
The building will be highly energy efficient and sustainable due to the incorporation of technologies such as geothermal heating and cooling as well as water recycling systems.
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity