Eaton Builds Innovation Center in Czech Republic
Eaton broke ground on its new Innovation Center in Roztoky, Czech Republic. Eaton is investing in the new facility to accommodate the expansion of its European Innovation Center in Prague, which was opened in 2012. Eaton’s Innovation Center is currently located directly opposite the new building site. The new building will be completed around the end of 2014 with employees moving in from the beginning of 2015.
Eaton’s European Innovation Center develops power management solutions for the European market that help its customers in the electrical, hydraulic, aerospace and vehicle industries to manufacture more efficient and sustainable technologies.
Eaton is also recruiting and adding engineers from across the Czech Republic and beyond. Under current plans, Eaton aims to expand its workforce at the Innovation Center from 25 employees today to more than 140 by the end of 2016.
Eaton chose to locate its Innovation Center in Roztoky due to its close proximity to the Czech Technical University campus, city center and airport.
The building will be highly energy efficient and sustainable due to the incorporation of technologies such as geothermal heating and cooling as well as water recycling systems.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management