Eaton, CA Technologies Integrate Systems Data Centers
Eaton and CA Technologies will deliver a data center monitoring, management and control product in North America, combining Eaton’s power management hardware and software with CA Technologies Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) technology.
Eaton’s power management technologies are designed to help customers reduce energy consumption, and CA DCIM software provides a web-based centralized solution for monitoring power, cooling and environmental measurements across facilities and IT systems in the data center.
The collaboration integrates CA’s DCIM technology with select Eaton power management hardware, including uninterruptible power systems (UPSs) and power distribution units (PDUs). As a result, CA DCIM can collect, analyze and report on metrics such as temperature, humidity, power by phase, current by phase and power factor.
Customers can use CA DCIM to create intelligent alerts based on the data collected to gain insight into environmental and power issues before they have an opportunity to threaten IT infrastructures. Customers can also accurately calculate total PDU power usage for Eaton equipment or other device groups. These Eaton data points are automatically added to CA Technologies unified management portal views.
According to a 2012 IDC study, nearly 85 percent of organizations say that issues with datacenter power, space and cooling capacity, along with asset and uptime issues, resulted in delayed or aborted application rollouts, reduced ability to support customers, and unplanned reallocation of budget away from strategic goals. The report “The Datacenter’s Role in Delivering Business Innovation: Using DCIM to Provide a Common Management Approach,” was sponsored by CA Technologies.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts