Eaton, CA Technologies Integrate Systems Data Centers
Eaton and CA Technologies will deliver a data center monitoring, management and control product in North America, combining Eaton’s power management hardware and software with CA Technologies Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) technology.
Eaton’s power management technologies are designed to help customers reduce energy consumption, and CA DCIM software provides a web-based centralized solution for monitoring power, cooling and environmental measurements across facilities and IT systems in the data center.
The collaboration integrates CA’s DCIM technology with select Eaton power management hardware, including uninterruptible power systems (UPSs) and power distribution units (PDUs). As a result, CA DCIM can collect, analyze and report on metrics such as temperature, humidity, power by phase, current by phase and power factor.
Customers can use CA DCIM to create intelligent alerts based on the data collected to gain insight into environmental and power issues before they have an opportunity to threaten IT infrastructures. Customers can also accurately calculate total PDU power usage for Eaton equipment or other device groups. These Eaton data points are automatically added to CA Technologies unified management portal views.
According to a 2012 IDC study, nearly 85 percent of organizations say that issues with datacenter power, space and cooling capacity, along with asset and uptime issues, resulted in delayed or aborted application rollouts, reduced ability to support customers, and unplanned reallocation of budget away from strategic goals. The report “The Datacenter’s Role in Delivering Business Innovation: Using DCIM to Provide a Common Management Approach,” was sponsored by CA Technologies.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Value of Integrating Health, Safety and Environment Processes with Enterprise Asset Management
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing