Eaton, CA Technologies Integrate Systems Data Centers
Eaton and CA Technologies will deliver a data center monitoring, management and control product in North America, combining Eaton’s power management hardware and software with CA Technologies Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) technology.
Eaton’s power management technologies are designed to help customers reduce energy consumption, and CA DCIM software provides a web-based centralized solution for monitoring power, cooling and environmental measurements across facilities and IT systems in the data center.
The collaboration integrates CA’s DCIM technology with select Eaton power management hardware, including uninterruptible power systems (UPSs) and power distribution units (PDUs). As a result, CA DCIM can collect, analyze and report on metrics such as temperature, humidity, power by phase, current by phase and power factor.
Customers can use CA DCIM to create intelligent alerts based on the data collected to gain insight into environmental and power issues before they have an opportunity to threaten IT infrastructures. Customers can also accurately calculate total PDU power usage for Eaton equipment or other device groups. These Eaton data points are automatically added to CA Technologies unified management portal views.
According to a 2012 IDC study, nearly 85 percent of organizations say that issues with datacenter power, space and cooling capacity, along with asset and uptime issues, resulted in delayed or aborted application rollouts, reduced ability to support customers, and unplanned reallocation of budget away from strategic goals. The report “The Datacenter’s Role in Delivering Business Innovation: Using DCIM to Provide a Common Management Approach,” was sponsored by CA Technologies.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement