Eaton Collaborates With EMC for Integrated Power Management Platform
Eaton says its integrated power management solutions suite is EMC VSPEX Lab Validated to operate with a reference architecture designed to simplify the deployment of private cloud and end-user computing solutions.
Eaton delivers power management, monitoring and protection options to simplify power infrastructure deployment for the VSPEX Proven Infrastructure Solutions platform. Eaton is an Advantage partner in the EMC Technology Connect Partner Program.
Eaton and EMC say they are working with wholesale technology distributor Ingram Micro to facilitate technology design and integration of the advanced VSPEX solution with lab-tested Eaton components.
Eaton says its 9PX uninterruptible power system (UPS), managed ePDU rack-based power distribution units and Intelligent Power Manager software are among the first components to receive lab verification from EMC for VSPEX interoperability.
VSPEX customers utilize Eaton’s Intelligent Power Manager software to automate disaster recovery and business continuity processes directly from the VMware vCenter server management platform, including the consolidation of non-critical workloads to extend battery runtime, automatic and transparent live migration of virtual machines and movement of critical workloads in the event of an extended power event.
Eaton’s managed ePDUs joined with Cisco EnergyWise technology are designed to provide VSPEX users with high-accuracy monitoring and control of power consumption at the individual outlet level. When paired with an Eaton environmental monitoring probe, users can configure automated actions and alerts when humidity and temperature threaten rack hardware.
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement