Eaton Collaborates With EMC for Integrated Power Management Platform
Eaton says its integrated power management solutions suite is EMC VSPEX Lab Validated to operate with a reference architecture designed to simplify the deployment of private cloud and end-user computing solutions.
Eaton delivers power management, monitoring and protection options to simplify power infrastructure deployment for the VSPEX Proven Infrastructure Solutions platform. Eaton is an Advantage partner in the EMC Technology Connect Partner Program.
Eaton and EMC say they are working with wholesale technology distributor Ingram Micro to facilitate technology design and integration of the advanced VSPEX solution with lab-tested Eaton components.
Eaton says its 9PX uninterruptible power system (UPS), managed ePDU rack-based power distribution units and Intelligent Power Manager software are among the first components to receive lab verification from EMC for VSPEX interoperability.
VSPEX customers utilize Eaton’s Intelligent Power Manager software to automate disaster recovery and business continuity processes directly from the VMware vCenter server management platform, including the consolidation of non-critical workloads to extend battery runtime, automatic and transparent live migration of virtual machines and movement of critical workloads in the event of an extended power event.
Eaton’s managed ePDUs joined with Cisco EnergyWise technology are designed to provide VSPEX users with high-accuracy monitoring and control of power consumption at the individual outlet level. When paired with an Eaton environmental monitoring probe, users can configure automated actions and alerts when humidity and temperature threaten rack hardware.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Planning for a Sustainable Future