Eaton Intelligent Power Manager Update Enhances Disaster Recovery For VMware Users
Eaton Corporation has released the latest version of its Intelligent Power Manager software .
The update is designed to provide automatic virtual machine synchronization and initiation of a backup site, also known as recovery failover, to avoid data loss and reduce downtime during power outages when shutting down servers is unavoidable.
Eaton is the first power management company to offer these capabilities within the VMware platform and to achieve VMware Ready certification.
The software can be found on the VMware Solution Exchange, a single destination site for compatible VMware applications and cloud infrastructure products.
Traditionally, when a virtualized data center loses power, technicians must manually initiate the recovery process in a specific sequence. Eaton’s latest version of software identifies the power failure “immediately,” initiating a backup site, and triggering VMware Site Recovery Manager’s disaster recovery failover and planned migration processes.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection