Eaton Power System Units Earn Energy Star
Industrial manufacturer Eaton says its uninterruptible power system (UPS) models available in the Americas – Eaton 5P, 5PX and 9PX – have received Energy Star qualification following third party verification of meeting the program’s energy efficiency requirements.
Eaton offers a large selection of Energy Star UPSs for server, storage and network protection applications.
According to Energy Star, if all UPSs sold in the US in 2012 met the Energy Star requirements, the energy cost savings would be $471 million and prevent greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to the emissions from more than 636,000 vehicles.
Reducing power consumption without sacrificing reliability in server, storage and network environments is a primary challenge for today’s information technology and data center professionals.
Eaton plans to continue the Energy Star certification process for additional UPS products.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles