Eaton Power System Units Earn Energy Star
Industrial manufacturer Eaton says its uninterruptible power system (UPS) models available in the Americas – Eaton 5P, 5PX and 9PX – have received Energy Star qualification following third party verification of meeting the program’s energy efficiency requirements.
Eaton offers a large selection of Energy Star UPSs for server, storage and network protection applications.
According to Energy Star, if all UPSs sold in the US in 2012 met the Energy Star requirements, the energy cost savings would be $471 million and prevent greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to the emissions from more than 636,000 vehicles.
Reducing power consumption without sacrificing reliability in server, storage and network environments is a primary challenge for today’s information technology and data center professionals.
Eaton plans to continue the Energy Star certification process for additional UPS products.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management