Eaton Power System Units Earn Energy Star
Industrial manufacturer Eaton says its uninterruptible power system (UPS) models available in the Americas – Eaton 5P, 5PX and 9PX – have received Energy Star qualification following third party verification of meeting the program’s energy efficiency requirements.
Eaton offers a large selection of Energy Star UPSs for server, storage and network protection applications.
According to Energy Star, if all UPSs sold in the US in 2012 met the Energy Star requirements, the energy cost savings would be $471 million and prevent greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to the emissions from more than 636,000 vehicles.
Reducing power consumption without sacrificing reliability in server, storage and network environments is a primary challenge for today’s information technology and data center professionals.
Eaton plans to continue the Energy Star certification process for additional UPS products.
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Combined Heat and Power
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls