Eaton Provides Power Management for 5 Community Solar Projects in Colorado
Eaton won a contract to provide electrical distribution equipment and engineering services for 8.2 MW of community solar at five sites in Colorado, including Denver and Colorado Springs. The terms of the contract were not disclosed.
Eaton is working with SunShare on these projects. SunShare will provide customer management, subscriptions and billing. Under power purchase agreements, municipal Colorado Springs Utilities will utilize the energy produced in Colorado Springs and Xcel Energy will purchase the energy produced in Denver.
The project will incorporate Eaton’s solar balance of system and engineering services. Under the contract, Eaton will supply a range of electrical power management products, including: switchboards, panelboards, combiner boxes, loadcenters with dry-type transformers and circuit protection solutions.
Eaton’s regional Customer Manufacturing Solution Center developed customized switchboard assemblies to support the projects. The switchboards will include integrated service entrance and solar power distribution, utility and customer metering, remote switching, and configured relaying in a compact package to reduce the physical footprint of electrical distribution equipment. All switchboards will be fabricated, wired and factory-tested prior to delivery to reduce installation time, labor and cost.
Eaton’s Electrical Services and Systems Division will perform short circuit, electrical coordination and arc flash studies at each of the sites.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management