Eaton Provides Power Management for Casino Solar Array
Eaton will provide electrical distribution equipment for a 6.4 MW DC solar installation at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino Convention Center in Las Vegas. At peak production, the MGM Resorts International and NRG Energy project is expected to produce nearly 20 percent of the Mandalay Bay’s power demand.
Eaton received the contract from Sunora Energy Solutions, the design-build firm responsible for providing solar PV system engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction for the project. Under the agreement, Eaton’s electrical balance of system (BOS) technology and services will help maximize energy harvest.
Eaton will supply a range of power management, including: medium-voltage switchgear, transformers, switchboards, panel boards, disconnects, strut and cable trays, wire harnesses, as well as start up and commissioning services.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book