Eaton Supplies Power Management for Next-Gen Colocation Facility
Eaton is delivering power distribution services to ROOT Data Center’s new $20 million Tier 3, 5 MW, 500-server-rack colocation facility in Montreal, Canada.
Eaton will provide its Power Xpert 9395 uninterruptible power system (pictured) and Remote Power Panel to help ROOT Data Center reduce utility costs. ROOT Data Center is aiming to become the first colocation facility in the Montreal region to deploy a high-density 415/240-volt power management platform.
Eaton’s remote power panel distribution is designed to deliver 30 kW to each rack within the colocation facility.
Eaton’s 9395 UPS will provide backup power and scalable runtimes. The 9395 can operate at 99 percent efficiency, featuring a touch screen and capabilities designed to achieve power usage effectiveness (PUE) of 1.2. The 9395 utilizes Eaton’s Energy Saver System.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds