Eaton Tapped to Enhance Lighting, Energy Efficiency at Pentagon
Eaton has received multiple service contracts from the US Army Corps of Engineers to evaluate and modernize lighting systems at the Pentagon in Arlington County, Va.
The contracts, which have an estimated value of $3.2 million and a completion date of early 2014, will help the Pentagon meet energy efficiency goals and reduce maintenance costs.
Under the contracts, Eaton will provide a comprehensive lighting audit for the 6.5-million-sq-foot office complex with workspace for about 23,000 military and civilian employees. Eaton will use the lighting analysis to develop a master lighting modernization plan, including a detailed engineering, environmental and economic analysis of all recommended projects.
In addition to the lighting audit and modernization plan, Eaton will also complete previously identified projects aimed at reduced costs and increased efficiency. These include the replacement of fluorescent lighting with LEDs, incorporation of daylight control sensors and adjustment of lighting schedules.
The Pentagon project will be led by Eaton’s Energy Solutions Group, which performs energy-focused engineering, construction, and consulting services for a wide range of market segments, including government, health care, education, utilities, commercial, industrial and other institutional facilities.
Photo credit: gregwest98’s Flickr photostream
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- LED Myths and Facts
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room