Eaton Tapped to Enhance Lighting, Energy Efficiency at Pentagon
Eaton has received multiple service contracts from the US Army Corps of Engineers to evaluate and modernize lighting systems at the Pentagon in Arlington County, Va.
The contracts, which have an estimated value of $3.2 million and a completion date of early 2014, will help the Pentagon meet energy efficiency goals and reduce maintenance costs.
Under the contracts, Eaton will provide a comprehensive lighting audit for the 6.5-million-sq-foot office complex with workspace for about 23,000 military and civilian employees. Eaton will use the lighting analysis to develop a master lighting modernization plan, including a detailed engineering, environmental and economic analysis of all recommended projects.
In addition to the lighting audit and modernization plan, Eaton will also complete previously identified projects aimed at reduced costs and increased efficiency. These include the replacement of fluorescent lighting with LEDs, incorporation of daylight control sensors and adjustment of lighting schedules.
The Pentagon project will be led by Eaton’s Energy Solutions Group, which performs energy-focused engineering, construction, and consulting services for a wide range of market segments, including government, health care, education, utilities, commercial, industrial and other institutional facilities.
Photo credit: gregwest98’s Flickr photostream
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement