Eaton Tapped to Enhance Lighting, Energy Efficiency at Pentagon
Eaton has received multiple service contracts from the US Army Corps of Engineers to evaluate and modernize lighting systems at the Pentagon in Arlington County, Va.
The contracts, which have an estimated value of $3.2 million and a completion date of early 2014, will help the Pentagon meet energy efficiency goals and reduce maintenance costs.
Under the contracts, Eaton will provide a comprehensive lighting audit for the 6.5-million-sq-foot office complex with workspace for about 23,000 military and civilian employees. Eaton will use the lighting analysis to develop a master lighting modernization plan, including a detailed engineering, environmental and economic analysis of all recommended projects.
In addition to the lighting audit and modernization plan, Eaton will also complete previously identified projects aimed at reduced costs and increased efficiency. These include the replacement of fluorescent lighting with LEDs, incorporation of daylight control sensors and adjustment of lighting schedules.
The Pentagon project will be led by Eaton’s Energy Solutions Group, which performs energy-focused engineering, construction, and consulting services for a wide range of market segments, including government, health care, education, utilities, commercial, industrial and other institutional facilities.
Photo credit: gregwest98’s Flickr photostream
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards