Eaton Tapped to Enhance Lighting, Energy Efficiency at Pentagon
Eaton has received multiple service contracts from the US Army Corps of Engineers to evaluate and modernize lighting systems at the Pentagon in Arlington County, Va.
The contracts, which have an estimated value of $3.2 million and a completion date of early 2014, will help the Pentagon meet energy efficiency goals and reduce maintenance costs.
Under the contracts, Eaton will provide a comprehensive lighting audit for the 6.5-million-sq-foot office complex with workspace for about 23,000 military and civilian employees. Eaton will use the lighting analysis to develop a master lighting modernization plan, including a detailed engineering, environmental and economic analysis of all recommended projects.
In addition to the lighting audit and modernization plan, Eaton will also complete previously identified projects aimed at reduced costs and increased efficiency. These include the replacement of fluorescent lighting with LEDs, incorporation of daylight control sensors and adjustment of lighting schedules.
The Pentagon project will be led by Eaton’s Energy Solutions Group, which performs energy-focused engineering, construction, and consulting services for a wide range of market segments, including government, health care, education, utilities, commercial, industrial and other institutional facilities.
Photo credit: gregwest98’s Flickr photostream
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Beyond Equipment Management by Spreadsheets
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Managing Enterprise Assets and IT Assets in a Converged World
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems