Eaton Unveils ‘Compact’ UPS for Data Centers
Eaton launched its 93PM uninterruptible power system (UPS), a three-phase system for data center energy managers. Eaton says the UPS’ compact footprint is 35 percent smaller than competitive units and offers efficiency up to 99 percent.
Using Eaton’s Energy Saver System, the 93PM can provide energy efficiency up to 99 percent. For applications that require more traditional UPS modes of operation, such as medical facilities or for power conditioning, the 93PM can achieve 97 percent in double-conversion efficiency, says Eaton.
The 93PM can support front-to-top ventilation for wall and row configurations and front-to-back ventilation for contained aisle configurations. Supporting many installation strategies, the 93PM is designed for installation of overhead busway or conduit, cable trays and heat containment accessories.
The 93PM scales in 50 kW increments to avoid excess capacity. The UPS is now available in the Americas from 20 kW up to 100 kW with internal redundancy. The 150 kW with internal redundancy to 200 kW capacity units will be available this fall.
The unit features a liquid crystal display touchscreen that provides graphical energy savings and consumption data.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year