Eco-Energy Joins Copersucar to Control 12% of Global Biofuel’s Market
Biofuel marketer Eco-Energy and Brazil-based ethanol trader Copersucar, are making a joint investment in Eco-Energy to build an integrated biofuel platform. With this partnership, Copersucar and Eco-Energy add their global supply capacity of 2.6 billion gallons of biofuel per year with a significant presence in the two largest ethanol markets globally: the United States and Brazil.
Eco-Energy currently handles 9 percent of the US ethanol market, with annual sales of over $3 billion and relationships with producers, markets and customers. For the 2012-2013 season, Copersucar will market the equivalent of 24 percent of the sugarcane production in the Center-South region of Brazil, with a volume of 1.3 billion gallons of ethanol and 8.7 million tons of sugar, and revenues estimated at $7.5 billion.
The combined biofuel’s operation will handle 12 percent of the global market share in the ethanol space, according to the companies. The closing is still subject to certain regulatory approval.
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Beyond Equipment Management by Spreadsheets
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems