Eco-Energy Joins Copersucar to Control 12% of Global Biofuel’s Market
Biofuel marketer Eco-Energy and Brazil-based ethanol trader Copersucar, are making a joint investment in Eco-Energy to build an integrated biofuel platform. With this partnership, Copersucar and Eco-Energy add their global supply capacity of 2.6 billion gallons of biofuel per year with a significant presence in the two largest ethanol markets globally: the United States and Brazil.
Eco-Energy currently handles 9 percent of the US ethanol market, with annual sales of over $3 billion and relationships with producers, markets and customers. For the 2012-2013 season, Copersucar will market the equivalent of 24 percent of the sugarcane production in the Center-South region of Brazil, with a volume of 1.3 billion gallons of ethanol and 8.7 million tons of sugar, and revenues estimated at $7.5 billion.
The combined biofuel’s operation will handle 12 percent of the global market share in the ethanol space, according to the companies. The closing is still subject to certain regulatory approval.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management