Eco-Energy Joins Copersucar to Control 12% of Global Biofuel’s Market
Biofuel marketer Eco-Energy and Brazil-based ethanol trader Copersucar, are making a joint investment in Eco-Energy to build an integrated biofuel platform. With this partnership, Copersucar and Eco-Energy add their global supply capacity of 2.6 billion gallons of biofuel per year with a significant presence in the two largest ethanol markets globally: the United States and Brazil.
Eco-Energy currently handles 9 percent of the US ethanol market, with annual sales of over $3 billion and relationships with producers, markets and customers. For the 2012-2013 season, Copersucar will market the equivalent of 24 percent of the sugarcane production in the Center-South region of Brazil, with a volume of 1.3 billion gallons of ethanol and 8.7 million tons of sugar, and revenues estimated at $7.5 billion.
The combined biofuel’s operation will handle 12 percent of the global market share in the ethanol space, according to the companies. The closing is still subject to certain regulatory approval.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation