Eco-Energy Joins Copersucar to Control 12% of Global Biofuel’s Market
Biofuel marketer Eco-Energy and Brazil-based ethanol trader Copersucar, are making a joint investment in Eco-Energy to build an integrated biofuel platform. With this partnership, Copersucar and Eco-Energy add their global supply capacity of 2.6 billion gallons of biofuel per year with a significant presence in the two largest ethanol markets globally: the United States and Brazil.
Eco-Energy currently handles 9 percent of the US ethanol market, with annual sales of over $3 billion and relationships with producers, markets and customers. For the 2012-2013 season, Copersucar will market the equivalent of 24 percent of the sugarcane production in the Center-South region of Brazil, with a volume of 1.3 billion gallons of ethanol and 8.7 million tons of sugar, and revenues estimated at $7.5 billion.
The combined biofuel’s operation will handle 12 percent of the global market share in the ethanol space, according to the companies. The closing is still subject to certain regulatory approval.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- The Sustainable Edge™
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity