EcoDataCenter – The World’s Greenest Data Center
EcoDataCenter, located in Sweden, will be the world’s first climate positive data center, meaning emissions are reduced to the extent that EcoDataCenter will have a negative carbon dioxide footprint annually. EcoDataCenter’s energy efficiency also will lower costs to create a competitive advantage.
Schneider Electric will deliver energy efficiency solutions and products to the project.
The EcoDataCenter will also be connected to the local district energy system in the town of Falun. The excess heat from the servers and IT equipment will warm the buildings in Falun through the district heating system. In the summer, excess steam from the local electricity plant will run the machines cooling the data center.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds