Ecosmart, Technical Consumer Products Top LED Ranking
Evaluation of Best-in-Class LED Reflector Lamps names Ecosmart’s model ECS R30 WW V2 FL 120 the top-ranked bulb in the PAR30 category (PAR stands for parabolic aluminized reflector). In the PAR38 category, the whitepaper ranks Technical Consumer Products (TCP) model LED17E26P3830KNFL No. 1.
“Best” means the LEDs are the most efficient, cost-effective and consumer friendly, IEE Executive Director Lisa Wood says.
Lamps from ATG Electronics, GreenLite, Lighting Science Group, LightKiwi, NaturaLED, NuVue, Philips, Toshiba, Utilitech, and Verbatim also made the rankings.
The researchers started with the full list of Energy Star-qualified PAR38 and PAR30 LED reflector lamps, and then put them through a series of laboratory and human tests. These sought to measure not only the LED reflector lamp’s energy-related qualities — its energy efficiency, payback period and lifetime cost savings — and also how it compared with a halogen reflector lamp in both its light quality (warmth) and ease of dimming.
The study focused on LED PAR38 and PAR30 lamps because of their large potential for energy savings. LED reflector lamps are typically 360 percent more energy efficient than halogen reflector lamps. LED reflector lamps also offer a longer operating life — typically in excess of 30,000 hours versus 2,000 hours for a long-life halogen lamp.
The report says there are some 150 million older incandescent or halogen lamps of this type in use in US households, which represents a huge potential energy savings by switching to LED reflector lamps.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room