Ecosmart, Technical Consumer Products Top LED Ranking
Evaluation of Best-in-Class LED Reflector Lamps names Ecosmart’s model ECS R30 WW V2 FL 120 the top-ranked bulb in the PAR30 category (PAR stands for parabolic aluminized reflector). In the PAR38 category, the whitepaper ranks Technical Consumer Products (TCP) model LED17E26P3830KNFL No. 1.
“Best” means the LEDs are the most efficient, cost-effective and consumer friendly, IEE Executive Director Lisa Wood says.
Lamps from ATG Electronics, GreenLite, Lighting Science Group, LightKiwi, NaturaLED, NuVue, Philips, Toshiba, Utilitech, and Verbatim also made the rankings.
The researchers started with the full list of Energy Star-qualified PAR38 and PAR30 LED reflector lamps, and then put them through a series of laboratory and human tests. These sought to measure not only the LED reflector lamp’s energy-related qualities — its energy efficiency, payback period and lifetime cost savings — and also how it compared with a halogen reflector lamp in both its light quality (warmth) and ease of dimming.
The study focused on LED PAR38 and PAR30 lamps because of their large potential for energy savings. LED reflector lamps are typically 360 percent more energy efficient than halogen reflector lamps. LED reflector lamps also offer a longer operating life — typically in excess of 30,000 hours versus 2,000 hours for a long-life halogen lamp.
The report says there are some 150 million older incandescent or halogen lamps of this type in use in US households, which represents a huge potential energy savings by switching to LED reflector lamps.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- There’s Money in the Trash
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls