Ecotech Institute Trains for BPI Certification
Ecotech Institute, a college entirely focused on renewable energy training, is now offering students in the Ecotech Energy Efficiency degree program the opportunity to earn Building Performance Institute certification.
BPI sets the national standards for energy efficiency retrofits and professional credentials. Many state-run energy efficiency and weatherization programs require BPI certifications.
Starting in 2014, Ecotech Energy Efficiency students will also be able to use a new on-site energy efficiency lab that will help prepare students for BPI certification.
Facility management is another program at Ecotech Institute where energy efficiency is becoming more important. Now, more than ever, the role of a facilities manager involves developing and implementing plans that incorporate energy efficiency into buildings, drastically changing how they are managed on a daily basis, Ecotech says.
According to Ecotech Institute’s Clean Jobs Index, in August 2013 there were more than 5,100 jobs posted in the US related to facilities management energy efficiency.
The facility management program was launched earlier this year, around that time, UK energy company EDF Energy announced plans to convert a 900-year-old medieval monastery in southwest England into an energy training center.
The $22.3 million renovation of Cannington Court in Somerset by EDF Energy will convert the historic buildings and grounds into the central hub for EDF’s network of training facilities across the UK. The campus also will include on-site housing for up to 50 people at a time. The facility is slated to open in early 2014.
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems