Ecotech Institute Trains for BPI Certification
Ecotech Institute, a college entirely focused on renewable energy training, is now offering students in the Ecotech Energy Efficiency degree program the opportunity to earn Building Performance Institute certification.
BPI sets the national standards for energy efficiency retrofits and professional credentials. Many state-run energy efficiency and weatherization programs require BPI certifications.
Starting in 2014, Ecotech Energy Efficiency students will also be able to use a new on-site energy efficiency lab that will help prepare students for BPI certification.
Facility management is another program at Ecotech Institute where energy efficiency is becoming more important. Now, more than ever, the role of a facilities manager involves developing and implementing plans that incorporate energy efficiency into buildings, drastically changing how they are managed on a daily basis, Ecotech says.
According to Ecotech Institute’s Clean Jobs Index, in August 2013 there were more than 5,100 jobs posted in the US related to facilities management energy efficiency.
The facility management program was launched earlier this year, around that time, UK energy company EDF Energy announced plans to convert a 900-year-old medieval monastery in southwest England into an energy training center.
The $22.3 million renovation of Cannington Court in Somerset by EDF Energy will convert the historic buildings and grounds into the central hub for EDF’s network of training facilities across the UK. The campus also will include on-site housing for up to 50 people at a time. The facility is slated to open in early 2014.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management