Ecova Delivers Energy Savings for Utilities
Ecova has delivered 90 terawatt hours (TWh) of energy savings for its utility customers over the last ten years, resulting in more than $10 billion in savings.
The company said it has achieved this through a combination of nearly 46 TWh of energy savings for its utility customers and 44 TWh of energy savings through product specifications and standards changes.
Some of Ecova’s energy savings programs include promoting the adoption of LED lights, installing energy-efficient equipment and creating whole business efficiency plans.
Ecova’s Research and Policy team implements efficient product specifications and standards by conducting research on behalf of utility and other advocacy clients to identify new market and policy opportunities in energy efficiency across product categories such as lighting, appliances, power supplies, consumer electronics and battery chargers.
Ecova engaged Verdantix, an independent analyst firm focused on energy and sustainability, to assess and validate Ecova’s approach to measuring energy savings.
Recently, Avista Capital signed a definitive agreement to sell its subsidiary Ecova to Cofely USA, an indirect subsidiary of GDF SUEZ, a French multinational utility company, for $335 million in cash, less the payment of debt and other customary closing adjustments.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions