Ecova Pushes the Green Button
Ecova and San Diego Gas & Electric will collaborate to help SDG&E’s commercial clients have visibility into meter data through Ecova’s Meter Dashboard and the Green Button provided by SDG&E.
Green Button is an industry-led effort that enables energy consumers to download their energy usage data via a “Green Button” on electric utilities’ websites. Green Button also allows third parties, such as Ecova, to connect to the data to help manage their clients’ energy use.
Initially launched in January, two utilities – Pacific Gas & Electric and SDG&E – have implemented live functionality on their websites. Recently, nine other utilities and electricity suppliers signed on to the initiative, committing to provide households and businesses secure access to their energy data via the online Green Button.
In addition to PowerTools, the first Green Button Connect app available to SDG&E customers, SDG&E customers can now log into My Account and authorize apps including EnergyAi and, in the near future, Ecova’s Meter Dashboard, to receive and analyze their energy data automatically. This represents the beginning of a steady stream of new Green Button apps coming soon for SDG&E customers, with approximately 20 apps expected to be connected by the utility this year.
EnergyAi offers analytics that identify energy savings opportunities in commercial, retail, institutional and industrial facilities. EnergyAi charges a $20 fee for this service, which is refundable if the customer is not satisfied. SDG&E does not charge any fees for signing up or for the service itself, and no charges will appear on the customer’s bill.
Using Green Button data provided by SDG&E, Ecova’s Meter Dashboard energy monitoring product incorporates smart meter data allowing businesses to view their energy use. The Meter Dashboard helps customers identify specific sites that are using more energy than other sites.
To date, more than 20,000 customers have downloaded their energy consumption data with the SDG&E Green Button download tool. Through Green Button Connect My Data, customers can now authorize third parties to securely access their energy usage data on an automated and daily basis.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement