Ecova Survey Reveals Shifting View of Energy Management
Ecova has released the results of its second annual survey, 2015 Energy and Sustainability Predictions. The results reveal a shift in the way companies are approaching and viewing energy and sustainability management.
While cost savings is still the number one driver of energy and sustainability management decisions, the results show professionals are taking a more strategic, long-term view. Fifty-two percent of respondents indicate their top priority for leveraging energy data in 2015 is to support strategic energy and sustainability initiatives and programs.
The report discloses additional challenges and opportunities that energy and sustainability management professionals will face in 2015:
- More companies are investing in solutions to gather energy data, with nearly 50 percent of respondents indicating they have energy/building management systems in place and nearly 30 percent indicating they have budgets approved for future systems or are considering installing them.
- The majority of professionals, 57 percent, believe their organization will increase time or money spent on energy and sustainability management in 2015.
- While respondents said lighting projects were the smartest energy and sustainability investment made for the second year in a row, this was five percent lower than the year prior, indicating a desire to go beyond the low-hanging fruit.
- For the second year, energy ranks as the top opportunity for savings. Sixty percent of respondents expect energy prices to increase in 2015.
- There was a 10 percent increase in those viewing water as an area with the greatest opportunity for savings and improvement than the year prior.
- Waste is an important issue for 60 percent of respondents across a wide range of job functions and industries.
- Companies are increasingly requiring a comprehensive waste solution, with over half of this year’s respondents indicating one or more priorities for leveraging waste data in 2015.
Ecova conducted the survey of more than 500 US-based energy, facility, finance and sustainability professionals in November and December of 2014 and aggregated the results in the report, 2015 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds