EDF Renewable Energy Acquires goSolar
Independent power producer EDF Renewable Energy has acquired Global Resource Options (goSolar), a turnkey developer of solar projects for a variety of organizations and industry segments.
The acquisition, according to EDF, gives it a dedicated unit that focuses on the solar needs of corporate customers. goSolar is involved, the release says, in the engineering, procurement, construction of solar projects for developers, financiers, utilities, corporate, government and other institutions.
The press release offered no details on the terms of the deal. EDF says that it has developed 8 GW of wind, solar, biomass, biogas and similar projects. It has an installed capacity of 4.1 GW.
Earlier this month, EDF signed a 15-year power purchase agreement (PPA) with Southern California Edison. The press release says that the Valentine Solar Project is a 111.2 MW alternating current project that will go online in December 2019.
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management