EDF Renewable Energy Acquires goSolar
Independent power producer EDF Renewable Energy has acquired Global Resource Options (goSolar), a turnkey developer of solar projects for a variety of organizations and industry segments.
The acquisition, according to EDF, gives it a dedicated unit that focuses on the solar needs of corporate customers. goSolar is involved, the release says, in the engineering, procurement, construction of solar projects for developers, financiers, utilities, corporate, government and other institutions.
The press release offered no details on the terms of the deal. EDF says that it has developed 8 GW of wind, solar, biomass, biogas and similar projects. It has an installed capacity of 4.1 GW.
Earlier this month, EDF signed a 15-year power purchase agreement (PPA) with Southern California Edison. The press release says that the Valentine Solar Project is a 111.2 MW alternating current project that will go online in December 2019.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- There’s Money in the Trash