EEG Audits Energy Efficiency for Four Seasons Hotel
Lebanon-based Energy Efficiency Group (EEG) has completed an energy audit for the Four Seasons George V in Paris. If all of EEG’s recommendations are implemented, the energy savings could top $561,000 annually.
This was EEG’s first audit in France, and was a result of EEG’s successful audits for the Four Seasons Hotels in Beirut and Marrakech.
Built in 1928, the hotel uses both Paris District Cooling and Heating networks to maximize commercial usage of its own building space, which is a crucial factor in such a historical property. The hotel has 240 guest rooms within a built-up area of 36,000 square meters.
The three-month energy audit was carried out at the end of 2012 with the assistance of the in-house engineering department, and included a review of all utilities used in the property: electricity, chilled water, hot water, and gas. The final report includes energy efficiency measures ranging from renegotiating some utility contracts to low cost measures and high CAPEX based ones.
If all energy efficiency measures were implemented, they would deliver a 21 percent reduction in the electrical energy consumption with a total cost saving in excess of $160,000; and a more than 40 percent reduction in its thermal energy (cooling and heating), with ROIs between 0.5 and 3.5 years and a total cost saving in excess of $401,000. Even the zero CAPEX/no cost measures alone would provide annual savings in excess of $53,000.
Following the audit, EEG is continuing to work with The Four Seasons George V management to ensure the appropriate implementation of the chosen energy efficiency measures.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control