EEG Audits Energy Efficiency for Four Seasons Hotel
Lebanon-based Energy Efficiency Group (EEG) has completed an energy audit for the Four Seasons George V in Paris. If all of EEG’s recommendations are implemented, the energy savings could top $561,000 annually.
This was EEG’s first audit in France, and was a result of EEG’s successful audits for the Four Seasons Hotels in Beirut and Marrakech.
Built in 1928, the hotel uses both Paris District Cooling and Heating networks to maximize commercial usage of its own building space, which is a crucial factor in such a historical property. The hotel has 240 guest rooms within a built-up area of 36,000 square meters.
The three-month energy audit was carried out at the end of 2012 with the assistance of the in-house engineering department, and included a review of all utilities used in the property: electricity, chilled water, hot water, and gas. The final report includes energy efficiency measures ranging from renegotiating some utility contracts to low cost measures and high CAPEX based ones.
If all energy efficiency measures were implemented, they would deliver a 21 percent reduction in the electrical energy consumption with a total cost saving in excess of $160,000; and a more than 40 percent reduction in its thermal energy (cooling and heating), with ROIs between 0.5 and 3.5 years and a total cost saving in excess of $401,000. Even the zero CAPEX/no cost measures alone would provide annual savings in excess of $53,000.
Following the audit, EEG is continuing to work with The Four Seasons George V management to ensure the appropriate implementation of the chosen energy efficiency measures.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- LED Myths and Facts
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room