Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
Lighting in parking structures is important: Drivers must see clearly and pedestrians must feel safe and secure in these often isolated places.
Cree lighting was selected to perform a LED retrofit to the parking facility that serves U-Haul’s corporate headquarters in Phoenix. The historic structure now has improved lighting and, according to the vendor, U-Haul is expecting to cut energy use by 15 percent.
Recently, Energy Manager Today Managing Editor Carl Weinschenk spoke about the project with three executives: Allan Yang and Jerret Fischer, who are U-Haul Chief Sustainability Scientist and Project Coordinator for Corporate Sustainability (and manager of the Phoenix project), respectively, and John Rimbos, Cree’s the Director of Intelligent Light.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws