Efficiency Maine ‘Test Drives’ Building Data in 1-Year Pilot
Retroficiency and Energy & Resource Solutions (ERS) are partnering to deliver an Efficiency Maine Innovation Program. The one-year pilot will examine electric interval consumption and building asset data to drive more effective energy efficiency participation across a portfolio of small and medium commercial buildings.
Efficiency Maine considers the pilot a ‘test drive’ of the technology before it makes a commitment to incorporate it into statewide energy efficiency programs. Efficiency Maine is an independent trust dedicated to promoting the efficient and cost-effective use of energy in order to save money for Maine residents and businesses.
Retroficiency’s Building Efficiency Intelligence platform will underpin a closed-loop process for energy efficiency program targeting, customer engagement, project conversion, and efficiency tracking. The process for this program will include:
- A no touch energy assessment, using interval consumption data and a property address to prioritize building portfolios and engage customers with operational and retrofit opportunities that exist in each building;
- An on-site audit of high potential buildings conducted by a select group of Efficiency Maine Qualified Partners, using Retroficiency’s Automated Energy Audit application;
- Post-implementation savings tracking and a re-evaluation of buildings to determine if new opportunities exist.
ERS will support the entire energy efficiency program management process, including customer recruitment, communicating opportunities identified through the virtual assessments, and developing specific projects through the audit and by working with local contractors to ensure execution.
Two businesses – East Brown Cow Property Management, a real estate management, investment and development company, and Norway Savings Bank, a community bank – have already committed to participating in the program. These organizations have more than 40 small-and-medium-sized buildings throughout Maine. Additional buildings are currently being recruited to participate.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide