EfficientNow Patents Life-Extending, Fire-Avoiding LED Technology
EfficientNow introduced LED SureGuard, a built-in patented semiconductor lighting technology to extend LED bulb design life and to actively monitor bulb-operating temperature.
The SureGuard technology automatically turns off EfficientNow LED bulbs to avoid a fire hazard if it senses danger.
Even though EfficientNow’s commercial LED bulbs and Pearl residential LED bulbs are cool to the touch at all times, the company has built LED SureGuard into its LED products to assure people that its LEDs are safe.
The likelihood of overheating and resulting fire increases if an LED bulb is placed in an enclosure or near a heat source.
EfficientNow says that comparison tests show that one Pearl LED bulb lasts 25,000 hours, which is four times longer than a compact fluorescent and 25 times longer than an incandescent bulb.
LED SureGuard is now an integral part of EfficientNow LED bulbs.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles