EfficientNow Patents Life-Extending, Fire-Avoiding LED Technology
EfficientNow introduced LED SureGuard, a built-in patented semiconductor lighting technology to extend LED bulb design life and to actively monitor bulb-operating temperature.
The SureGuard technology automatically turns off EfficientNow LED bulbs to avoid a fire hazard if it senses danger.
Even though EfficientNow’s commercial LED bulbs and Pearl residential LED bulbs are cool to the touch at all times, the company has built LED SureGuard into its LED products to assure people that its LEDs are safe.
The likelihood of overheating and resulting fire increases if an LED bulb is placed in an enclosure or near a heat source.
EfficientNow says that comparison tests show that one Pearl LED bulb lasts 25,000 hours, which is four times longer than a compact fluorescent and 25 times longer than an incandescent bulb.
LED SureGuard is now an integral part of EfficientNow LED bulbs.
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Combined Heat and Power
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide