EfficientNow Patents Life-Extending, Fire-Avoiding LED Technology
EfficientNow introduced LED SureGuard, a built-in patented semiconductor lighting technology to extend LED bulb design life and to actively monitor bulb-operating temperature.
The SureGuard technology automatically turns off EfficientNow LED bulbs to avoid a fire hazard if it senses danger.
Even though EfficientNow’s commercial LED bulbs and Pearl residential LED bulbs are cool to the touch at all times, the company has built LED SureGuard into its LED products to assure people that its LEDs are safe.
The likelihood of overheating and resulting fire increases if an LED bulb is placed in an enclosure or near a heat source.
EfficientNow says that comparison tests show that one Pearl LED bulb lasts 25,000 hours, which is four times longer than a compact fluorescent and 25 times longer than an incandescent bulb.
LED SureGuard is now an integral part of EfficientNow LED bulbs.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Under the Lens: Claiming Green
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?