Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Coming to Oconomowoc
The city of Oconomowoc, WI, is installing a publicly accessible electric vehicle charging station. The Common Council voted 7-1 to make the move, according to Lake Country Now. The contract will be given to Zef Energy LLC of Minnesota.
The charging station will be built in a municipal parking lot. An amendment to what initially was proposed will allow building of charging stations on private property in the city. Zef, which builds charging stations for Nissan, will be the exclusive provider of the stations on public land for five years. Another amendment struck a paragraph from the agreement that would have prevented the city from saying anything negative about Zef.
Last month, AT&T and Schneider Electric introduced a proof of concept on how to seamlessly integrate electric vehicle charging stations into a building’s energy infrastructure.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future