Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Coming to Oconomowoc
The city of Oconomowoc, WI, is installing a publicly accessible electric vehicle charging station. The Common Council voted 7-1 to make the move, according to Lake Country Now. The contract will be given to Zef Energy LLC of Minnesota.
The charging station will be built in a municipal parking lot. An amendment to what initially was proposed will allow building of charging stations on private property in the city. Zef, which builds charging stations for Nissan, will be the exclusive provider of the stations on public land for five years. Another amendment struck a paragraph from the agreement that would have prevented the city from saying anything negative about Zef.
Last month, AT&T and Schneider Electric introduced a proof of concept on how to seamlessly integrate electric vehicle charging stations into a building’s energy infrastructure.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future