Electrical System Reliability Offered to Heavy Industry
Designed to withstand the harsh environments typically found in the oil and gas and mining industries, GE’s 8 Series protection and control relay platform leverages detailed asset diagnostics so operators can make decisions to reduce unplanned outages and to plan maintenance schedules.
Using GE’s environmental awareness module to actively monitor both the environment and its own internal components, the 8 Series generates data that operators can use to make decisions about when maintenance or downtime should be scheduled.
The standard harsh conformal coating on the 8 Series’ printed circuit boards helps protect against environmental factors. The 8 Series also delivers improved data fidelity in current and voltage sample rates, improving electrical system visibility and post-event analysis.
The 8 Series has an integrated integrity engine that utilizes customized algorithms to provide advanced diagnostics.
GE designed the 8 Series to include communication options to help with integration, including multiple industry-standard communication gateways to improve system interoperability.
All GE protection, control and substation automation products are certified to International Standard Organization (ISO) 9001:2008 standards, encompassing the entire product development process, according to the company. When all products in the 8 Series platform are introduced, the complete platform will include feeder, motor, transformer and generator protection.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- ARC Brief: Infrastructure: The Hidden Optimization Opportunity
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing