Electrical System Reliability Offered to Heavy Industry
Designed to withstand the harsh environments typically found in the oil and gas and mining industries, GE’s 8 Series protection and control relay platform leverages detailed asset diagnostics so operators can make decisions to reduce unplanned outages and to plan maintenance schedules.
Using GE’s environmental awareness module to actively monitor both the environment and its own internal components, the 8 Series generates data that operators can use to make decisions about when maintenance or downtime should be scheduled.
The standard harsh conformal coating on the 8 Series’ printed circuit boards helps protect against environmental factors. The 8 Series also delivers improved data fidelity in current and voltage sample rates, improving electrical system visibility and post-event analysis.
The 8 Series has an integrated integrity engine that utilizes customized algorithms to provide advanced diagnostics.
GE designed the 8 Series to include communication options to help with integration, including multiple industry-standard communication gateways to improve system interoperability.
All GE protection, control and substation automation products are certified to International Standard Organization (ISO) 9001:2008 standards, encompassing the entire product development process, according to the company. When all products in the 8 Series platform are introduced, the complete platform will include feeder, motor, transformer and generator protection.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management