Electrical System Reliability Offered to Heavy Industry
Designed to withstand the harsh environments typically found in the oil and gas and mining industries, GE’s 8 Series protection and control relay platform leverages detailed asset diagnostics so operators can make decisions to reduce unplanned outages and to plan maintenance schedules.
Using GE’s environmental awareness module to actively monitor both the environment and its own internal components, the 8 Series generates data that operators can use to make decisions about when maintenance or downtime should be scheduled.
The standard harsh conformal coating on the 8 Series’ printed circuit boards helps protect against environmental factors. The 8 Series also delivers improved data fidelity in current and voltage sample rates, improving electrical system visibility and post-event analysis.
The 8 Series has an integrated integrity engine that utilizes customized algorithms to provide advanced diagnostics.
GE designed the 8 Series to include communication options to help with integration, including multiple industry-standard communication gateways to improve system interoperability.
All GE protection, control and substation automation products are certified to International Standard Organization (ISO) 9001:2008 standards, encompassing the entire product development process, according to the company. When all products in the 8 Series platform are introduced, the complete platform will include feeder, motor, transformer and generator protection.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- There’s Money in the Trash