EMC Helps ComEd Customers Save Energy
Energy Management Collaborative (EMC) has done 185 projects as part of the Northern Illinois utility ComEd’s Smart Ideas energy savings initiative. EMC’s projects are now delivering more than 14 million kWh of annual energy savings and impact over 2 million square feet of facility space, according to the company.
For example, EMC implemented an aggressive plan to retrofit store lighting in more than 800 Best Buy locations nationwide, including 37 Illinois stores. Overall, the newer, more energy efficient technology cut the consumer electronics retailer’s lighting emissions by 48 percent.
The lighting conversion transitioned stores from high wattage, high-bay metal halide fixtures to lower wattage, fluorescent high-bay fixtures. In addition to significantly reducing current energy usage and cost, the combination of technology choice and design changes leaves the retailer well positioned for a future LED conversion.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection