Emerson Dedicates Team to Data Centers
Emerson Network Power has introduced a dedicated team serving the complex needs of massive data centers.
The hyperscale solutions team is made up of individuals with data center experience and draws upon the knowledge of thousands of Emerson technologists and engineers to support the visions of data center professionals.
The team will leverage Emerson-wide expertise and resources across the entire data center ecosystem to serve companies that build large cloud environments for search, social networking, Web computing, and other data-intense functions. The scale and growth of these massive facilities demands extraordinary data center architectures that require customized, highly scalable, and often modular infrastructures. The Emerson hyperscale solutions team will help deliver these complex architectures through consulting, custom solutions, and implementation.
Resources the team draws upon include expertise in embedded power, power conditioning, distribution and back-up, infrastructure management, cooling, services, access and control, and modularity. Examples of the type of solutions created to meet hyperscale data centers’ unique needs include an integrated rack solution that leverages the efficient AC and DC power distribution and back-up concepts in the Open Rack specification, created with off-the-shelf components accessible to all size customers and data centers.
Data center energy costs and equipment efficiency are the top-of-mind issues for data center managers, according to a fall 2012 survey of data center users from Emerson Network Power.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity