Emerson Lets Customers Test Cooling Unit Performance
Emerson Network Power is making a witness test lab available for customers purchasing larger-capacity cooling systems.
The CSA International-certified testing facility at Emerson Network Power’s plant in Columbus, Ohio, allows performance and reliability testing for equipment at specific temperatures from -35 degrees F to 120 degrees F. The facility enables onsite witness testing for customers who wish to guarantee their cooling systems will deliver target performance and reliability across a broad operating temperature range.
The facility currently provides psychrometric rooms for 30 kW and 100 kW cooling units. The new testing lab expands the capability to 200 kW direct expansion cooling units and 400 kW chilled water units.
The increasing number of hyperscale data centers and co-location facilities is driving the need to develop larger cooling equipment that is optimized for the data center, according to Emerson. Its new psychrometric lab also will help the company to develop next generation large cooling systems.
The facility is designed to replicate the customer’s complete data center environment to ensure the most accurate performance testing at a broad range of temperatures.
In typical facilities, an estimated 20 percent of psychrometric room test time is consumed by the set-up, since the equipment must be assembled in the psychrometric room. However, Emerson Network Power’s facility features a staging area for the unit being tested, so the set-up can take place while another test is in progress. The quicker testing enables customers to put their equipment in service faster.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management