Emerson Lets Customers Test Cooling Unit Performance
Emerson Network Power is making a witness test lab available for customers purchasing larger-capacity cooling systems.
The CSA International-certified testing facility at Emerson Network Power’s plant in Columbus, Ohio, allows performance and reliability testing for equipment at specific temperatures from -35 degrees F to 120 degrees F. The facility enables onsite witness testing for customers who wish to guarantee their cooling systems will deliver target performance and reliability across a broad operating temperature range.
The facility currently provides psychrometric rooms for 30 kW and 100 kW cooling units. The new testing lab expands the capability to 200 kW direct expansion cooling units and 400 kW chilled water units.
The increasing number of hyperscale data centers and co-location facilities is driving the need to develop larger cooling equipment that is optimized for the data center, according to Emerson. Its new psychrometric lab also will help the company to develop next generation large cooling systems.
The facility is designed to replicate the customer’s complete data center environment to ensure the most accurate performance testing at a broad range of temperatures.
In typical facilities, an estimated 20 percent of psychrometric room test time is consumed by the set-up, since the equipment must be assembled in the psychrometric room. However, Emerson Network Power’s facility features a staging area for the unit being tested, so the set-up can take place while another test is in progress. The quicker testing enables customers to put their equipment in service faster.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds