Emerson Lets Customers Test Cooling Unit Performance
Emerson Network Power is making a witness test lab available for customers purchasing larger-capacity cooling systems.
The CSA International-certified testing facility at Emerson Network Power’s plant in Columbus, Ohio, allows performance and reliability testing for equipment at specific temperatures from -35 degrees F to 120 degrees F. The facility enables onsite witness testing for customers who wish to guarantee their cooling systems will deliver target performance and reliability across a broad operating temperature range.
The facility currently provides psychrometric rooms for 30 kW and 100 kW cooling units. The new testing lab expands the capability to 200 kW direct expansion cooling units and 400 kW chilled water units.
The increasing number of hyperscale data centers and co-location facilities is driving the need to develop larger cooling equipment that is optimized for the data center, according to Emerson. Its new psychrometric lab also will help the company to develop next generation large cooling systems.
The facility is designed to replicate the customer’s complete data center environment to ensure the most accurate performance testing at a broad range of temperatures.
In typical facilities, an estimated 20 percent of psychrometric room test time is consumed by the set-up, since the equipment must be assembled in the psychrometric room. However, Emerson Network Power’s facility features a staging area for the unit being tested, so the set-up can take place while another test is in progress. The quicker testing enables customers to put their equipment in service faster.
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity