Emerson Network Power Expands Thermal Management Business
Emerson Network Power is expanding its precision cooling business and re-naming the business unit “Thermal Management.” The expanded focus reflects the evolution of data center environmental guidelines from organizations such as the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
John Schneider will lead the new Thermal Management business as vice president and general manager. Previously, Schneider was vice president of Variable Speed for the Emerson Climate Technologies Air Conditioning Division. In addition to Schneider, Emerson Network Power appointed JP Valiulis vice president, marketing, and Lorenz Hofmann, vice president, engineering, for the Thermal Management business.
The Thermal Management business, with annual revenues of approximately $800 million, includes Emerson Network Power’s existing Liebert precision cooling assets and expertise. It offers technologies for data centers and IT facilities of all sizes including air, waterside and innovative pumped-refrigerant economizers in addition to state-of-the-art controls and wireless sensors to maximize efficiency. Included in the solutions are custom air-handling solutions with chilled water, direct and indirect evaporative, and refrigerant technologies.
The business units of Emerson Network Power are: Thermal Management, Power, IT Solutions, DCIM, and Services and Solutions.
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Let's Do The Math for DR