Emerson Network Power Expands Thermal Management Business
Emerson Network Power is expanding its precision cooling business and re-naming the business unit “Thermal Management.” The expanded focus reflects the evolution of data center environmental guidelines from organizations such as the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
John Schneider will lead the new Thermal Management business as vice president and general manager. Previously, Schneider was vice president of Variable Speed for the Emerson Climate Technologies Air Conditioning Division. In addition to Schneider, Emerson Network Power appointed JP Valiulis vice president, marketing, and Lorenz Hofmann, vice president, engineering, for the Thermal Management business.
The Thermal Management business, with annual revenues of approximately $800 million, includes Emerson Network Power’s existing Liebert precision cooling assets and expertise. It offers technologies for data centers and IT facilities of all sizes including air, waterside and innovative pumped-refrigerant economizers in addition to state-of-the-art controls and wireless sensors to maximize efficiency. Included in the solutions are custom air-handling solutions with chilled water, direct and indirect evaporative, and refrigerant technologies.
The business units of Emerson Network Power are: Thermal Management, Power, IT Solutions, DCIM, and Services and Solutions.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals