Emerson Network Power Launches LIFE, Liebert UPS Models
Emerson’s LIFE Technology is a diagnostics and IP-based communications system embedded within the company’s data center infrastructure equipment.
The company says its new technology is unique within the industry in its ability to both proactively identify problems and enable remote diagnostics – communicating those in real time.
LIFE Technology uses service-level data and IP-based communication to alert Emerson Network Power customer engineers of potential issues that may impact the life of systems within the data center infrastructure. In the event of a failure, the response would include the immediate dispatch of a service technician armed with knowledge of the problem and the parts needed to fix it, the company says.
The announcement marks the availability of LIFE Technology in North America. LIFE Technology is already available in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Emerson has also introduced 480-volt and 600-volt input configurations for its Liebert APM row-based uninterruptible power supply system. The Liebert APM is a transformer-free, on-line UPS that allows power capacity increases with the addition of Emerson’s internal FlexPower modular products. The FlexPower modules allow the system to add capacity or redundancy in 15 kW increments up to 45 or 90 kW within a single cabinet without powering down connected equipment. The new input voltage capabilities are available on both 45 and 90 kW UPS configurations.
The modular Liebert APM is aimed at data center managers looking for the reliability to maintain business continuity and the flexibility needed to keep pace with increasing capacity needs, Emerson says. It operates at up to 94 percent efficiency, with a virtually flat efficiency curve from 50-100 percent load, resulting in significant energy cost savings, the company says.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management