Emerson Teams with RtTech Software for Energy Management
Emerson Process Management struck an agreement with Canada-based RtTech Software to jointly develop an Emerson Energy Management Information System that will provide real-time monitoring, analysis and detection of excessive plant energy consumption.
Leveraging RtTech’s RtEMIS platform, the two organizations will work together to enhance the platform to accommodate Emerson’s models for key energy equipment, allowing users to analyze and compare three critical data points: the amount of energy a system is designed to use, what it has used over time, and what it’s consuming in the moment.
The companies say few existing energy management systems monitor energy in real time, compare usage against a theoretical benchmark, and analyze system performance by unit, area, and across an entire plant. Emerson’s Energy Management Information System dashboards and reports will increase the visibility of site energy metrics, providing performance-improvement tools to users from field operators to plant management.
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software