Emerson Teams with RtTech Software for Energy Management
Emerson Process Management struck an agreement with Canada-based RtTech Software to jointly develop an Emerson Energy Management Information System that will provide real-time monitoring, analysis and detection of excessive plant energy consumption.
Leveraging RtTech’s RtEMIS platform, the two organizations will work together to enhance the platform to accommodate Emerson’s models for key energy equipment, allowing users to analyze and compare three critical data points: the amount of energy a system is designed to use, what it has used over time, and what it’s consuming in the moment.
The companies say few existing energy management systems monitor energy in real time, compare usage against a theoretical benchmark, and analyze system performance by unit, area, and across an entire plant. Emerson’s Energy Management Information System dashboards and reports will increase the visibility of site energy metrics, providing performance-improvement tools to users from field operators to plant management.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement