Emerson Teams with RtTech Software for Energy Management
Emerson Process Management struck an agreement with Canada-based RtTech Software to jointly develop an Emerson Energy Management Information System that will provide real-time monitoring, analysis and detection of excessive plant energy consumption.
Leveraging RtTech’s RtEMIS platform, the two organizations will work together to enhance the platform to accommodate Emerson’s models for key energy equipment, allowing users to analyze and compare three critical data points: the amount of energy a system is designed to use, what it has used over time, and what it’s consuming in the moment.
The companies say few existing energy management systems monitor energy in real time, compare usage against a theoretical benchmark, and analyze system performance by unit, area, and across an entire plant. Emerson’s Energy Management Information System dashboards and reports will increase the visibility of site energy metrics, providing performance-improvement tools to users from field operators to plant management.
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies