Emerson Teams with RtTech Software for Energy Management
Emerson Process Management struck an agreement with Canada-based RtTech Software to jointly develop an Emerson Energy Management Information System that will provide real-time monitoring, analysis and detection of excessive plant energy consumption.
Leveraging RtTech’s RtEMIS platform, the two organizations will work together to enhance the platform to accommodate Emerson’s models for key energy equipment, allowing users to analyze and compare three critical data points: the amount of energy a system is designed to use, what it has used over time, and what it’s consuming in the moment.
The companies say few existing energy management systems monitor energy in real time, compare usage against a theoretical benchmark, and analyze system performance by unit, area, and across an entire plant. Emerson’s Energy Management Information System dashboards and reports will increase the visibility of site energy metrics, providing performance-improvement tools to users from field operators to plant management.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide