EMS May Cut Business Energy Usage by 15%
The energy management system (EMS) they deploy includes monitoring, alerts and controls, which can cut bills, according to an EnTouch study.
Customers that sign up for the Reliant Business Smart Controls plan receive the IntelliTools Controller, a smart thermostat designed for businesses. The controller allows users to remotely manage automatic equipment to reduce electricity usage.
The controller is used through a website or iOS/Android smartphone app, where users can:
- Schedule and control HVAC to increase energy efficiency.
- Use analytics and diagnostic tools to understand how and where HVAC is used at facilities and identify opportunities to reduce usage.
- Receive notifications via text and email about changes in HVAC use or equipment malfunction or failure.
- Manage multiple locations and benchmark various sites from one dashboard.
Customers will have access to ongoing technical assistance through a dedicated EnTouch Customer Care Team.
Reliant’s Business Primetime plan is another new plan for business customers with an electricity rate that is 30 percent less than their weekday (8 p.m. – 5 a.m.) rate. The plan is designed to benefit restaurants, fitness centers, retailers and other businesses that operate core hours during nights and weekends.
NRG, the parent company of Reliant, is also collaborating with EnTouch to provide similar technology solutions suited for large commercial and industrial customers in the future.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- There’s Money in the Trash