EMS to More Than Double
The Energy Management Systems (EMS) vendor landscape may be fragmented, but government policies are driving demand for services worldwide, according to a report.
The report is Energy Management Systems Market Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 – 2018) from Research and Markets. The study forecasts the global EMS market to grow from $17.4 billion in 2013 to $38.49 billion in 2018.
EMS software types consists of a wide range of applications and can be broadly categorized under industrial energy management, utility energy management, Demand Response (DR), Enterprise Energy and carbon Management (ECEM), residential energy management, commercial building energy management, energy modeling, energy procurement and risk management, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) power management, and utility bill management.
Larger players in this domain such as GE, Siemens, and Schneider have a comprehensive robust portfolio of products and services encompassing almost all categories of EMS applications and have a strong foothold especially in utility and industrial EMS.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement