Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
A new line of emulsion mist collectors from Camfil Air Pollution Control (APC) handles the heaviest loads encountered in industry to clean up contaminants generated during milling, drilling, tapping, turning, grinding and other machining processes that utilize emulsion mist coolants.
Camfil’s Handte EM Profi collector uses long-life coarse and fine filter demisters followed by a final-stage HEPA filter with combined efficiencies of 99.9 percent on particles of 0.3 micron and larger. This is much higher than capture efficiencies achieved with fiberglass V-bag filters, which lose efficiency as media becomes saturated, according to the company. A patented automatic sprayer counteracts emulsion clumping, ensuring that the separators can operate 24/7 almost maintenance-free.
Basic modules can handle air volumes from 1,700 – 8,000 cfm, with a wide range of accessories and configurations for flexibility. Modules can be combined to accommodate larger airflow requirements. Small space-saving models are also offered for low airflow applications of 500 – 1,400 cfm.
Last year, US-based Camfil APC acquired Handte, a German provider of mist collectors, wet scrubbers and other environmental products.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year