ENER-G Puts Energy Management Into Its CHP
UK cogeneration company ENER-G invested $1.69 million for a combined heat and power (CHP) remote monitoring and control system and energy management system. The new technology, called E-Power, will optimize performance of both the CHP system and the wider energy plant within a building.
Traditionally, CHP systems operate independently of a building’s energy controls or metering. E-Power is designed to enhance the value of the CHP system through closer integration with the wider building, including:
-Dedicated boiler optimization algorithm, ensuring best balance between CHP and boiler operation.
-Dedicated CHP thermal store control ability.
-Ability to interface CHP with existing and future plant.
-Data collection from an extensive set of energy meters including direct MBus connection and BACNet to capture energy information on the full building, not just the CHP meters.
-Always-on connection and visibility of whole site energy performance – through the E-Vision cloud-based web portal.
E-Power is built into ENER-G’s CHP units and monitors and controls more than 200 parameters on each CHP unit. This improves engine control by monitoring ignition energy levels, knock levels and spark advance. It also enhances synchronizing routines and power control, says the company.
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement