Energi Warrants 135 GWh of Lighting Retrofits for GM
Energi, a provider of risk management and insurance programs for the energy industry, has partnered with New England Energy Management (NEEM) to backstop savings guarantees on NEEM’s lighting retrofit projects. NEEM has employed Energi’s Energy Savings Warranty on six lighting upgrade projects at General Motors (GM) facilities totaling more than 135 GWh of energy savings.
NEEM installed lighting upgrades and fixture retrofits for GM manufacturing facilities in Fort Wayne and Marion, Ind.; Lordstown, Ohio; Wentzville, Mo.; and GM campuses in Warren and Milford, Mich. These measures totaled more than 60,000 units and included the largest-ever LED installations for GM. Under the Energy Savings Warranty (ESW), Energi will cover energy savings shortfalls resulting from the design or installation of the lighting retrofits.
Energi’s Energy Savings Warranty program was developed to provide investment grade security into the performance guarantees offered by contractors.
Detroit Edison recently ranked NEEM as the top contractor in generating customer energy savings in Michigan. As part of its project performance guarantee, NEEM guarantees the performance of the GM projects and its other efficiency retrofits on an annual basis.
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation