Energi Warrants 135 GWh of Lighting Retrofits for GM
Energi, a provider of risk management and insurance programs for the energy industry, has partnered with New England Energy Management (NEEM) to backstop savings guarantees on NEEM’s lighting retrofit projects. NEEM has employed Energi’s Energy Savings Warranty on six lighting upgrade projects at General Motors (GM) facilities totaling more than 135 GWh of energy savings.
NEEM installed lighting upgrades and fixture retrofits for GM manufacturing facilities in Fort Wayne and Marion, Ind.; Lordstown, Ohio; Wentzville, Mo.; and GM campuses in Warren and Milford, Mich. These measures totaled more than 60,000 units and included the largest-ever LED installations for GM. Under the Energy Savings Warranty (ESW), Energi will cover energy savings shortfalls resulting from the design or installation of the lighting retrofits.
Energi’s Energy Savings Warranty program was developed to provide investment grade security into the performance guarantees offered by contractors.
Detroit Edison recently ranked NEEM as the top contractor in generating customer energy savings in Michigan. As part of its project performance guarantee, NEEM guarantees the performance of the GM projects and its other efficiency retrofits on an annual basis.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity