Energi Warrants 135 GWh of Lighting Retrofits for GM
Energi, a provider of risk management and insurance programs for the energy industry, has partnered with New England Energy Management (NEEM) to backstop savings guarantees on NEEM’s lighting retrofit projects. NEEM has employed Energi’s Energy Savings Warranty on six lighting upgrade projects at General Motors (GM) facilities totaling more than 135 GWh of energy savings.
NEEM installed lighting upgrades and fixture retrofits for GM manufacturing facilities in Fort Wayne and Marion, Ind.; Lordstown, Ohio; Wentzville, Mo.; and GM campuses in Warren and Milford, Mich. These measures totaled more than 60,000 units and included the largest-ever LED installations for GM. Under the Energy Savings Warranty (ESW), Energi will cover energy savings shortfalls resulting from the design or installation of the lighting retrofits.
Energi’s Energy Savings Warranty program was developed to provide investment grade security into the performance guarantees offered by contractors.
Detroit Edison recently ranked NEEM as the top contractor in generating customer energy savings in Michigan. As part of its project performance guarantee, NEEM guarantees the performance of the GM projects and its other efficiency retrofits on an annual basis.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Integrated Building Optimization
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement