Energy Efficiency Axed in Indiana
Indiana’s governor chose not to sign or veto a bill eliminating the state’s energy efficiency mandates, effectively allowing the legislation to become law without his signature.
Gov. Mike Pence said he’ll look to lawmakers next year, when the Energizing Indiana program ends, for help developing “a new energy-efficiency program for our state that will encourage conservation and promote a strong Indiana economy,” according to the Indianapolis Business Journal.
Pence also will seek proposals for a new energy efficiency program that allow large electricity consumers to opt out, reports the business journal.
Pence’s official comments straddle the line between favoring energy efficiency and considering it too expensive for ratepayers.
Numerous environmental groups and corporations involved in energy efficiency opposed shutting down the Energizing Indiana program. Ingersoll Rand and Honeywell issued a joint statement saying: “Energizing Indiana cuts waste and is a fiscally responsible way to address the state’s energy needs. Evaluation of the 2012 program showed a 2:1 savings versus cost ratio, and the preliminary results for 2013 suggest an equal or stronger performance. Energy efficiency helps drive a positive business environment and supports good, skilled jobs, like those at our companies.”
As the requests for sustainability data increase, the sustainability reporting chain becomes more complex. Understanding how to streamline your reporting chain is essential for keeping pace with these demands. The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain White Paper explores how to help simplify this increasingly complex process and optimize your reporting. Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management